Trump calls US coronavirus numbers a ‘badge of honor’

The Venetian resort in Las Vegas announced that it is now taking reservations for arrivals beginning June 1, “when we anticipate opening our doors to the public,” the company said in a statement

The resort, which includes The Venetian, The Palazzo, and Venezia towers, is planning to open in phases, the statement said. 

 The Venetian will be the first to open, followed by The Palazzo at a later date. 

“Upon opening, our guests can expect the amenities of a luxury Las Vegas resort including: a full service casino, more than a dozen restaurants, our fully renovated Venetian pool deck and multiple retail outlets,” the statement said.

Additionally, the resort said it will provide face masks to guests — though it will not require that they be worn. 

Some background: The resort “temporarily suspended all resort operations” on March 19 following the Nevada governor’s order for a statewide closure of all nonessential services, according to its website. 

The Nevada Gaming Control Board sent a notice to restaurants located in casinos on May 14 saying that they can reopen under phase one of the governor’s reopening plan. 

However, Gov. Steve Sisolak has not indicated when phase one would occur. In fact, he has previously said that the reopening of the state’s casinos is still a long way off.

“The opening of the casinos and the gaming enterprises will probably come into third or fourth phase of what we’re going to end up doing,” Sisolak explained on April 29 during an ABC special about the Covid-19 pandemic.

“We’re just not quite ready yet to handle that type of a volume,” he added.

See barren casino in Vegas:

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *